4 Ways to Get the Most Out of the CLOC Australia Conference
Legal operations is gaining traction within corporate legal departments – and not just in the United States, but around the world. To support the demand for legal operations knowledge and build a community around the function, CLOC (Corporate Legal Operations Consortium) is going global!
SimpleLegal is a proud sponsor of the inaugural CLOC Australia Conference on September 3-4, 2018 in Sydney, Australia. The two-day event will feature educational sessions led by industry experts who will be sharing first-hand accounts and best practices to help legal operations professionals excel in their roles and optimize departmental performance.
If you’ll be joining us for this unprecedented event, here are 4 ways to get the most out of your time at CLOC Australia!
1. Use the Conference App
Be sure to download the CLOC Australia Conference app to:
- Check out the sessions and speakers ahead of time. Spending a little time to do your homework on speakers and sessions helps you create a plan to maximize the time that you have at the event.
- Identify the legal operations experts and leaders that you would like to meet. Connect with these leaders through their LinkedIn or Twitter profiles to start networking before the event even begins. You can also try to schedule some face-to-face time with these experts during the conference.
- Be social with your legal operations peers. The conference app has a social wall where attendees have the opportunity to get on the leaderboard by completing quests in the app and on the conference floor. And while you’re exploring the exhibit hall, be sure to swing by the SimpleLegal booth to pick up a limited edition t-shirt.
2. Engage with Legal Operations Leaders
CLOC Australia is an amazing opportunity to interact with global leaders in the legal operations industry. Speakers for this event include legal professionals from Google, Cisco, Gap, Allied Materials, and more.
During the Fireside Chat and Q&A with the CLOC leadership team, you will have access to some of the most experienced legal operations professionals in the industry in an intimate setting. Speakers will be sharing their vision for the future of legal operations as well as lessons learned from their personal experiences. This makes for the perfect opportunity to soak in as much knowledge as possible and ask your most burning questions.
3. Network Like a Pro
With legal operations being a new and emerging field, you might feel like you’re figuring things out alone. Fear not! The CLOC Australia Conference provides the perfect setting to network like a pro and build out your legal ops connections which you can turn to for advice later down the road. Don’t forget to bring your business cards and have your phone fully charged to connect via LinkedIn.
In addition to the networking opportunities throughout the day, CLOC Australia has two opportunities to make lasting connections! Grab a drink with your new friends and mingle over passed hors d’oeuvres during CLOC’s networking reception in the exhibit hall after 5:00 PM on Monday and 5:30 PM on Tuesday.
4. Look Out for One Golden Nugget
Sessions at CLOC Australia cover a wide range of topics from building out your legal operations to implementing technology across your legal department. There’s so much to soak in, it can feel like information overload! Luckily, you don’t need to take action on every little thing. We recommend looking out for one golden nugget – something that you can take back and implement for immediate benefits.
Not Able to Make It?
Follow the event and join in on the conversation on Twitter and LinkedIn with #CLOC2018AUS and #CLOC2018! If you’re as excited as we are, you can get a jumpstart on the legal ops fun by downloading our comprehensive whitepaper, Legal Operations 101: A Blueprint for Modern Legal Departments.