SimpleLegal is the leading legal operations management platform for the modern legal department. General Counsel, Chief Legal Officers, and legal operations professionals deserve a system of record, designed specifically to address the business process challenges faced by modern corporate legal departments. Sales has Salesforce. Marketing has HubSpot. Legal has SimpleLegal. At SimpleLegal, you’ll contribute towards building a platform that’s not only easy-to-use but one that unifies all legal matters and connects relevant data and applications to truly transform the way legal teams operate and are managed.
Where do you fit?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Writer to help document the SimpleLegal applications. We are seeking a writer with a passion for technology and communication. SimpleLegal has a culture that values documentation, which means you will get contributions from engineers, the community, and more! You will collaborate with a number of cross-functional partners, like subject matter experts and product managers, to consolidate, organize, and improve existing documentation as well as create new documentation. The ideal candidate loves to write and sees it as an exciting, novel way to reach customers, particularly when it comes to making complex topics simple and intuitive.
- Work directly with Engineering, Product, Implementation, Support, and Sales to deliver best-of-breed documentation that ensures customer success
- Produce documentation with unified examples, consistent style, and jaw-dropping quality
- Work with Product to publish documentation that is easily searchable and browsable, in an automated way
- Enhance documentation of SimpleLegal’s core product and key features
- Write user guides, workflows, and best practices
- Maintain clarity and structure across documentation
- Interact with functional teams to formulate the scope and direction of documentation
- Respond to internal and external feedback to update documentation
- Experience with documentation metrics and how to interpret and act on them
- Meticulous, highly organized, and strong task/project management skills
- Experience in documentation architecture and layout planning is a plus
Expertise you will bring:
- 5+ years of technical writing experience with complex software apps, or a master's degree in Technical Communication
- Impeccable written English skills
- A hands-on approach to the technology and products being documented
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Comfort with swiftly changing dynamic software development situations
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive, follow, and evangelize cross-team processes
- Experience in startups or fast-paced enterprise technology development environments
- BS/BA degree required in English, Communication, Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Writing, or other related degree
Come shape the legal department of the future.
At SimpleLegal, we celebrate innovation, accountability, and diversity. We are disrupting the corporate legal technology space and believe diverse perspectives will drive continued success. Are you ready to be a part of something big? You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: ownership mindset, connect with the person, outcomes over effort, and simplifying complexity. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company.
SimpleLegal is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.