SimpleLegal is a legal tech startup, headquartered in Mountain View, that is innovating the way corporate legal teams work. Used by the legal departments at Reddit, Alphabet, GitHub, and over 250 more, we are quickly becoming the SaaS platform of choice for enterprise legal teams. Sales has Salesforce, Legal has SimpleLegal.
Our culture focuses on ownership, transparency, and community. Development is light on process and every developer makes an impact, usually merging code within their first week. We have dedicated frontend engineers, so backend engineers occasionally dip into full-stack, but primarily focus on the backend.
The engineering team watches and discusses tech talks over lunch once a week. Every fifth week is reserved for self-assigned work: experiment with a library; build an internal tool; improve the company for yourself and your coworkers as you see fit. We also have a liberal open-source policy for personal projects, and have released a few packages of our own, as well: https://github.com/simplelegal
- Testing complex applications on a SaaS web application
- Understand complex workflows, integrations, and API/JSON formats
- Design and run manual/automated quality tests
- Help design testing infrastructure for our web application
- Review functional and design requirements to enable the development of good test scenarios
- Identify product defects and impact
- Deliver high-quality software that matches technical requirements in a timeframe that matches business needs.
- Collaborate well with onshore and offshore teams
Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in quality assurance
- 1+ years of experience with development in Python
- Able to handle complex workflows with changing requirements
- Experience in testing application workflows (SaaS model)
- Should be able to develop, debug and understand complex SQL queries
- Hands-on experience with automation using tools like Selenium/Cypress
- Experience with testing in CI/CD
- Experience with an Agile environment
- Working experience on Linux
- Work well in a collaborative, team-based environment (both work autonomously and as part of a team)
- Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience working in Heroku or AWS
- Knowledge of Python web frameworks (Django/Flask etc)
Our Tech Stack
We’re here to build a world-class enterprise SaaS product that our customers love, that has the best support of any software product they use, in an environment that celebrates company and personal success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits in a fun working environment.
- Medical + Dental + Vision
- 401K match
- Game nights
- Open-source policy