SimpleLegal is a legal tech startup, headquartered in Mountain View, that is innovating the way corporate legal teams work. Used by the legal departments at Reddit, Alphabet, GitHub, and over 250 more, we are quickly becoming the SaaS platform of choice for enterprise legal teams. Sales has Salesforce, Legal has SimpleLegal.
Our culture focuses on ownership, transparency, and community. Development is light on process and every developer makes an impact, usually merging code within their first week. We have dedicated frontend engineers, so backend engineers occasionally dip into full-stack, but primarily focus on the backend.
The engineering team watches and discusses tech talks over lunch once a week. Every other week we dedicate a full day to “Fix-It Friday” for self-assigned work: experiment with a library; build an internal tool; improve the company for yourself and your coworkers as you see fit. We also have a liberal open-source policy for personal projects, and have released a few packages of our own, as well: https://github.com/simplelegal
Location – We are open to consider a remotely based employee for this role.
- Build and maintain features in our Django application.
- Review code written by your colleagues
- Communicate with marketing, support, and customer success to refine requirements, document features, and debug production issues.
Skills & Experience:
- Relational / SQL Database
- Customer Focused
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Django experience
- Git, Docker, Heroku, AWS, GCP
- REST API Development Experience
- Experience with ETL tools
- Data migration experience
Our Tech Stack
We’re here to build a world-class enterprise SaaS product that our customers love, that has the best support of any software product they use, in an environment that celebrates company and personal success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits in a fun working environment.