SimpleLegal is a legal tech startup, located in Mountain View, that is innovating the way corporate legal teams do business. With customers like Reddit, Github, Silicon Valley Bank, MGM, and over a 100 more, we are quickly becoming the SaaS platform of choice for Enterprise legal teams. As a Y-Combinator backed, Series A startup with a diversified customer base and meaningful revenue, we are bringing corporate legal teams into the modern age. Sales has Salesforce, Marketing has HubSpot, Legal has SimpleLegal.
We are looking for startup-minded software engineers to be the foundational members of our rapidly growing Engineering organization. Our engineers play a key role in product development, from concept to launch, so your ideas have impact.
Our culture is focused on ownership, transparency, and community. Lunch is catered daily to keep us connected, and everyone is welcome to join us as we break out the board games over catered dinners on Wednesdays.
You will get the opportunity to:
- Ship quality product
- Produce great, performant code while minimizing debt
- Drive technical roadmap and definition
- Participate in support of the product
- Impact the engineers around you
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and processes and address them
- Incorporate best practices and build tooling to help enforce them
- Have ownership within our platform
- Ensure software quality through code reviews and knowledge sharing
- Build a great team
- Recruit Sr. Engineers to help build out the team
- Mentor and coach junior engineers
- Function as a Tech Lead / Team Lead for a small, talented group of engineers
- Participate in SimpleLegal’s API-first strategy, building out the fundamentals for our platform
- Identify and incorporate libraries and technologies that will ease and accelerate development
- Explore and build out new products such as:
- a generic rules engine that allows customers to programmatically create customized workflows
- utilize ML to parse customer data and categorize against groups to determine spend allocation
- a flexible reporting system that safely allows users to execute arbitrary queries on authorized data
- a permissioning system to give users flexible roles and data access
- Build a SimpleLegal brand in the Bay Area market
- Contribute to culture, team and recruiting.
- Attend/host meetups, visit universities, contribute to blog, open source community
- 8 to 10+ years of delivering customer-facing web products with production experience
- Significant professional experience designing, building and supporting Enterprise SaaS products in Python/Django
- Tech Lead / Team Lead experience
- Enjoys mentoring other engineers
- Agile process experience, ability to work in small teams; prior startup experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excited about working in a small, fast-paced, early-stage startup
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Has helped scale a small startup into a mid-sized company; experienced at scaling both the product and the team
- Understands how to write defensive code; can spot potential production issues before they occur
- Extra credit for experience with any of the following Python libraries: NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Bokeh, Plotly, SciKit-Learn, Theano, TensorFlow, Keras, NLTK, Gensim, Scrapy, Scapy, nose, iPython, wxPython, Pillow, Stasmodels, Pipenv, PyTorch, Caffe2, Pendulum, Dash, PyFlux, Fire, Imbalanced-learn, Flashtext
OUR TECH STACK:
We’re here to build a world-class Enterprise SaaS product that our customers love, that has the best support of any software product they use, in an environment that celebrates company and personal success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits in a fun working environment. Dental, medical, catered lunches, game nights to get to know your coworkers, and more.