SimpleLegal is a legal tech startup, headquartered in Mountain View, that is innovating the way corporate legal teams work. Used by the legal departments at Reddit, Alphabet, GitHub, and over 250 more, we are quickly becoming the SaaS platform of choice for enterprise legal teams. Sales has Salesforce, Legal has SimpleLegal.
Our culture focuses on ownership, transparency, and community. Development is light on process and every developer makes an impact, usually merging code within their first week. We have dedicated frontend engineers, so backend engineers occasionally dip into full-stack, but primarily focus on the backend.
The engineering team watches and discusses tech talks over lunch once a week. Every fifth week is reserved for self-assigned work: experiment with a library; build an internal tool; improve the company for yourself and your coworkers as you see fit. We also have a liberal open-source policy for personal projects, and have released a few packages of our own, as well: https://github.com/simplelegal
- We are open to consider candidates outside of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- The Development team is based on the West Coast.
- Remote work is allowed for this role.
- Lead, mentor and scale a globally distributed team of engineers
- Organize the release and maintenance of customer features in our Django/React application
- Able to roll up your sleeves and be hands on
- Recruit and retain a full stack team of developers
- Communicate with Product, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success to refine requirements, document features, and debug production issues.
- Empower your team of 5+ engineers to self-organize and encourage technical excellence
Skills & Experience:
- Strong technical background
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- 3+ years of Python Experience
- 2+ years of Relational/SQL Experience, including database schema design
- Experience with running an successful Agile processes for a team
- Worked with Python Web application frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Experience with Git and Docker
- Experience with Heroku or AWS
- B2B SaaS experience
- React/Angular/jQuery experience
- PostgreSQL experience
- Experience in an startup environment
Our Tech Stack
We’re here to build a world-class enterprise SaaS product that our customers love, that has the best support of any software product they use, in an environment that celebrates company and personal success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits in a fun working environment.
- Medical + Dental + Vision
- 401K match
- Paid maternity and paternity program
- Game nights
- Open-source policy