As DevOps Engineer, you will have freedom and responsibility in automating processes to support our team of remote developers in development centers around the world, as well as improving reliability of our production environment, used by hundreds of legal departments, primarily based in North America.
Practically, these responsibilities include:
- Manage and provision cloud infrastructure for Development, Test and Production environments.
- Maintain and extend test, build, and deployment automation.
- Troubleshoot application issues and collaborate with Support specialists.
- Work with product teams define and prioritize product related DevOps requirements (performance, scaling, monitoring, component upgrades, cloud native options
- Participates in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives to enable progress, and surface and resolve impediments
- Help define and leverage best practices for security, compliance, and governance across the SimpleLegal infrastructure.
- Help evaluate emerging Cloud and DevOps technologies continually to identify opportunities, trends and best practices to strengthen development practices
Skills & Experience
- Git in a collaborative environment (GitLab a plus).
- 2 years+ recent experience with AWS Cloud Infrastructure provisioning, deployment, and management
- Experience running containers in production
- Experience in one or more programming languages (Python preferred)
- Experience with build and deployment automation
- Experience with CI/CD (GitLab CI, Jenkins a plus)
- Proficient in Linux
- Experience running Kubernetes workloads on the cloud (AWS EKS a plus)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.)
- Postgres or any SQL database experience
- Build Tools: Python ecosystem (pip, pip-tools, setup tools, PyPI), JS ecosystem (yarn, npm, webpack)
- Metrics: Datadog, Sentry, Google Analytics, Linux performance tools (vmstat, etc.)
- Testing: browser based end-to-end testing (scrapy/splash, cypress, etc.)
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Our Tech Stack